Use of Camp Singewald is by reservation only. Reservations must be made in the name of one person; that person must accompany the group for the entire reservation and is responsible for the actions of the group at the camp, and for any damages. All reservations are subject to review and may be denied if the intended use is not appropriate for the facility. A list of names of all attendees for the reservation must be provided before the reservation. Misrepresentation of the number of attendees will result in possible denial of future reservations.
You may be visited by our management company during your reservation to ensure the proper use of the facility and that the camp policies are upheld.
The keys to the buildings in the camp are located in a lock box which is located on the porch to the main house. The combination will be provided to you prior to your reservation. The key in the lock box allows access to the main house. The keys to the remaining buildings are located in the house.
Upon your departure the keys should be replaced in the areas they were located. If the keys are not returned there will be an additional $40 fee charged to your final invoice.
Someone MUST be familiar with wood stoves in order to use the wood stove in the main house. If used, the stove should NOT be left completely unattended. Before leaving the main house/camp the stove MUST be fully extinguished. If the wood stove is not extinguished properly there will be a $300 penalty charged to the final invoice.
Campfires may be ONLY in the stone circle fire ring across the stream from the main cabin. The fire should NEVER be left unattended. Nothing but local wood should be burned and the fire must be completely extinguished if not supervised and upon leaving the camp.
Please review the Campfire Safety rules as a resource on maintaining and extinguishing a campfire as well as some useful tips.
If the camp fire is not extinguished properly, there will be a $300 penalty charged to the final invoice.
There is a fire extinguisher located in the main house. If you should need to use the extinguisher, please inform us immediately, indicating the reason for use.
You are expected to leave the camp in the condition you found it or better. Ensure that you:
- Wash and put away any used dishes, pots, pans, etc.
- Wipe down kitchen counters
- Remove all food from refrigerator
- Place all trash in trash bags and leave in trash can inside main cabin
- Broom sweep main cabin
If the above is not completed you will be charged a $50 penalty to the final invoice.
All renters are expected to abide by all state and federal laws. Additionally, all JHU students are expected to abide by the University’s Student Life Policies/Alcohol Policies.
Synopsis of Penalties
- Failure to cancel reservation prior to 10 days before reservation date: Entire deposit forfeited
- Failure to return keys after use: $40 penalty
- Misrepresentation of the number of party members or membership status: Per-person fee doubled for each violation
- Individuals added after the reservation begins: Charged at twice the regular rate
- Failure to extinguish wood stove: $300 penalty
- Kindling outdoor fires: $300 penalty
- Failure to leave the camp in a satisfactorily clean manner: $50 penalty
- Any damages: charged in full including the cost of materials, labor, and transportation. Please report any damages you observe upon your arrival immediately.
Any penalties incurred will be charged to the final invoice.
Please download and sign this form to acknowledge you have read and agree to the policies: Camp Singewald Policies
Questions or comments? Contact Kimberly Trent at 410-516-7135.