The EPS Department is currently working on the following equity, diversity, and inclusivity (EDI) initiatives. If you would like further information on any of these, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Codes of Conduct for Field and Conference Experiences
We are developing codes of conduct for field experiences and conference experiences. The purpose is to ensure that all department members know of their rights, resources, and responsibilities when representing JHU at these events. The codes of conduct also provide pathways for reporting concerns and obtaining support if issues arise. Versions of these documents will be posted once they are finalized.
Conferences Related to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusivity
The department provides support for members to attend conferences related to equity, diversity, and inclusivity. Below is a list of potential conferences that might be of interest.
If you know of other related conferences, or are a department member who is interested in attending one of these conferences and applying for departmental support, please contact email@example.com so we can add them to the list.
- Women in Planetary Science and Exploration (WPSE) Conference, February 17-18, 2018, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Annual Out in STEM Conference
- National Association of Black Geoscientists, Annual Technical Conference, September 5-8, 2018, Houston, TX
- American Indian Science & Engineering Society National Conference, October 4-6, 2018, Oklahoma City, OK
- Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE) National Conference & STEM Career Fair, October 4-6, 2018, Chicago, IL
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS), The National Diversity in STEM Conference, October 11-13, San Antonio, TX
- National Society of Black Engineers, Fall Regional Conferences (various locations and dates in October and November)
- American Physical Society (APS) Conferences for Undergraduate Women in Physics (CUWiP), (various locations and dates in January 2019)